About Us

About The Old Rectory Country Hotel

Background

 The Rectory in Llangattock served as a place of residence (parsonage) to members of the Clergy of St Cadwg’s Church in Llangattock. The Rectory of Llangattock is mentioned in Pope Nicholas’ Taxation compiled in 1288 with a living at that time valued at £16, although is it unlikely that the Old Rectory as we know it now served as part of this. There is evidence to suggest that the Village Farm may have been the original Rectory house.